Microsoft Operation Management Suit is a cloud base Server and application monitoring system. It’ll help you to monitor server logs and Malware threads. Ii support Azure solutions, on premises datacenter and other (AWS) cloud solutions also. In this article I tried to describe the procedures of LINUX servers OMS agent installation process.
Supported Linux Operating System:
- Amazon Linux 2012.09 –> 2015.09 (x86/x64)
- CentOS Linux 5,6, and 7 (x86/x64)
- Oracle Linux 5,6, and 7 (x86/x64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5,6 and 7 (x86/x64)
- Debian GNU/Linux 6, 7, and 8 (x86/x64)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 15.04, 15.10, 16.04 LTS (x86/x64)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 and 12 (x86/x64)
Download Linux Agent
Download Linux agent from below links.
Linux Agent Installation Process
At first you need to download required Linux agent from the agent download link.
Copy the downloaded files in to home folder, then write the below command.
“sudo sh ./ –install”
Register OMS agent for communicating with OMS server. For this we need to run following command with ‘Workspace ID’ and ‘Workspace Key’.
“sudo ./omsadmin.sh -w -s ”
Then need to restart the OMS agent services. For that we can use below command.
“sudo service omsagent restart”
I test this installation and monitoring on CentOS 7.